2010-04-01

camera luminosa




I went to my first physiotherapy appointment this morning and could not resist stealing a view from my pale grey curtained partition. The ceiling light, be it neon-light, participating to the fantasy that I stood in my own, long dreamed of, version of Irving Penn's studio. I long for a white linen cabin that could be installed in an instant and on sunny days, invite people to have their portrait taken. The whole installation functioning as a giant 3D light-box, with the white linen filtering as well as subtly reflecting the natural light. The point is not only the light but the isolation, the calm that emanate from a floating curtain, the idea of being in the world but remote from its constant solicitation. I have to go over the pain threshold.

No comments: